email: thompson_d@cneschools.org

Monday, March 8, 2010

Mrs. Thompson's Homework

As many of you know, I am working on getting my masters in biology and zoology from Miami. This semester I am taking a class called Conservation Biology in the Age of Technology. Like the title suggests, it deals with how to use technology to learn about and communicate conservation topics.

My first big assignment is to develop an ecology project with the kids. I have set up a blog that the kids will be able to take polls, add comments, and even create posts of their own. We will do most of this at school, but I will give the students extra credit if they decide to do additional work on their own.

We started today talking about water conservation and endangered species. The blog address is:

http://cneecocorner.blogspot.com/

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

No comments: